January 30, 2012

Octavia Spencer in SAG Awards 2012

The Help star is not without some concerns about herself though Octavia Spencer couldn't be on a better career path. "I am not healthy at this weight," Spencer, 39, said backstage at the Screen Actors Guild Awards, where she won a best supporting actress trophy. "Any time you have too much around the middle, then there is a problem. [And] when you reach a certain weight, you are less valuable."

Hollywood should be more accepting of actresses of different sizes, including those who are extra thin, Spencer, who also won a Golden Globe says. Blaming "society" for the stigmas attached to looks, Spencer adds, "I feel for the overly thin women as much as I do for the overweight women. It ... has to change."

"If more women ate, they would be a lot happier," she says. "Let me tell you, I am a lot grumpier when I don't eat." She jokes that she has a message, still, to the thin actresses.

Blog Archive